Search This Blog
Saturday, July 13, 2024
A tattoo to honor Sana
A Tattoo to honor Sana
Today, I finally got a tattoo—a sun with Sana’s name. Her friends and family all got a tattoo of a sun in honor of Sana. I had told Sana about getting a mom-daughter tattoo once, and she rolled her eyes, calling it a cheesy idea. But after talking about it several times, she kind of agreed and said she would get one with me. That was yesterday, and now I got one to remember her.
It's not as if I need this tattoo to remember her; I think of her every minute. But this is to honor her because she was such a significant part of my life that I need her name etched on me. The sun seemed like the perfect symbol for Sana. She had a warmth and radiance that brightened the lives of everyone around her. Just like the sun, her presence was a constant source of light and energy.
Getting this tattoo felt like a small but powerful act of remembrance. As the needle buzzed against my skin, I felt a mix of pain and solace, knowing that this mark would be a permanent tribute to my daughter. It’s a way to carry her with me, visibly and tangibly, through all the days to come.
The decision to get the tattoo wasn’t just about memorializing Sana. It was also about connecting with the community of people who loved her. Seeing her friends and family come together, each with their own sun tattoo, was incredibly moving. It reminded me that while Sana may no longer be physically present, her spirit continues to shine brightly through all of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy birthday my angel
Sana at 31: A Birthday Written in Love, Loss, and Forever Today, Sana would have been 31. Thirty-one. A number that feels almost impossibl...
-
Navigating the lively loneliness: Life in New York City New York City: a bustling metropolis that pulses with energy, where every street cor...
-
“I Am Ok” “I am ok.” It sounds like a positive affirmation, but for me, it carries a weight I cannot ignore. It was a line Sana used often i...
-
She Lives in Our Dreams Sana comes to us in our dreams every day. Not summoned by dates or anniversaries, not tied to an occasion or a memor...
No comments:
Post a Comment